Friday 26 November 2021

Communique #17 - The Invisible Drummer

 


Dear Drummers,


I have been absent this term, and silent about my absence, a fact that needs no apology, but perhaps a little story will enlighten you as to my reasons and future plans.


First - the ukulele.  Blame the ukulele.  I now own 6 ukulele's and they all need to be played.  Having such a demanding love affair with such a pretty collection of instruments has meant that my time for drum practice has been lessened of late.  I have also been recording 4 albums simultaneously, 3 of which are almost ready for release.  Plus there has been the Goblin Therapist book, with editing in progress, and as usual, my Cicero blog which continues now into its 4th year.


Second: my health.  As you know, my health took a turn a few months back, and I lost a fair bit of weight.  I am happy to say that I am now back to my regular weight, and am feeling better than I have in a long time.  


The future:  So while I have not been able to muster the motivation to teach any classes this term, I will be back to teach in term 1, next year.  I plan on us continuing the new song, Loosey Goosey, which you can listen to below.


I have also recorded a little drum improv for you, just to let you know that I have not been completely lax in my drum practice.


So, I will see you all next year, when we can drum together again.  Thank you for your patience.

 

Drum Improv


Loosey Goosey (Demo)



No comments:

Post a Comment